Re: Objects, processes, and encapsulation

>ianeast wrote:
>> Think we need to understand what '+' and '-' mean with regard to
>> processes, before we can truly do justice to process inheritance.
>An interesting problem. I don't pretend to have the final answer but
>I've put some thoughts into a paper:
>
>T. Basten and W.M.P. van der Aalst. Inheritance of Behavior. Journal of Logic
>and Algebraic Programming, 47(2):47-145, March/April 2001.
>
>It is available at my homepage: http://www.ics.ele.tue.nl/~tbasten/
Thanks Twan. 84 pages, wow! Will take up an evening or two.
Will get back to you.

Notice in the abstract you refer to expressing inheritance in terms of
blocking and hiding method calls. I suppose what I had in mind was
whether there might be some basis in certain CSP operators. Need more
time to think about this myself, but wondered if anyone else had already
considered it.

Ian

Dr. Ian Robert East

Room T2.10, Turing Building                      0 (44) 1865 484529
School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
Oxford Brookes University
Wheatley Campus
Oxford OX33 1HX                                ireast@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2001/2 Term 1 Consultation hours: