Re: Poison

P.H.Welch@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Marcel,
>
> > In other words, POISON is just a token that can at any time be sent via
> > any channel.
>
> No ...
>
> > Or, maybe, I'm not allowed to perform input on a Poisened channel?
>
> That's right.  The full rule is:
>
> < POISON is just a token that can at any time be sent via any channel,
> < but is the *last* thing ever sent down that channel.

So sending POISON down a channel should take the channel out of scope?
This is a bit like the scope manipulation I had in my mobile variables
stuff. Maybe we could find some way to formalize this.

In CSP(P), channels are "merely" sets of events, but in occam we have
this scoping thing as well.

And perhaps a process should terminate when it notices that it has no
channel connections left? Of course, if it still has a purpose in
manipulating memory that might be too strict.

Adrian
--
Dr A E Lawrence