RE: Poison

All
I'm trying to distinguish whether poison is cleaner, thought
of as a channel attribute, or a data attribute.  It seems that
what you'd like is in the absence of special provisions, poison
propagates accross all connections. (Hmm. Maybe contagion might
be more descriptive?) This seems rather like NaN in the ieee
floating point standard.

On the other hand, processes can decide not to read channels,
in which case the properties of the data lurking there are undiscovered.
Thats probably not what you want.  So it seems to me that it might be
cleaner to think of it as a channel state that automatically affects
the run state of processes its connected to.

No doubt you could express this (for the theoretical purists) as an
implied par in every process that reads a "status channel" associated
with each normal channel, and hence the same thing.  But, to me it seems
easier to think of it as the status of a channel affecting the status
of connected processes.

Well that was my 2 cents. -jc