RE: Quixotic thought #57: Software salvation via JCSP

Hi

Summarizing, the idea has been tossed around that a
demonstration product would "prove" the merits of CSP
to the world:

> the possibility of persuasion by developing the kind of "product" for
> which there is already widespread interest.

Here's my own idea of the ideal demonstration: a wireless
telephone, implemented entirely in one high level language,
(either occam or java), both hardware and software.  The
hardware should be asynchronous.

This would generate interest from a number of communities.
Telecom is hot right now. Seamless integration of software/hardware
would get the attention of the co-design crowd.  Asynchronous h/w
design is considered difficult, is very quiet (no clock synchronization)
and low power.  CSP based design could unify it all.  Maybe with Adrian's
Continuous CSP, you could even do the analog design.

Think of it! The entire design in one language...OK, so I'm a dreamer.
-jc

Someone already mentioned