Re: A path for CSP-based Solutions towards HUGE Industrial Success.

Marcel, ...

> - However, they start showing up when the application is roughly over
>   600.000 lines of code, and multiple releases of the product are made:
>   changing existing code becomes intrinsicly difficult.
>   My guess is that there is a practical upper-limit of about 1M lines of
>   code, at which point people realize that they had better start from
>   scratch...
> - The proper solution is CSP-based.

Just trying to get a feel for what sort of work we need to do before we can
make a convincing case ...

While many people believe the above, do we have any evidence - i.e. examples of
1M+LOC applications done with CSP? I'd guess that some of the Transputer
applications were large but I don't remember figures much bigger than 10's
of K LOC.

It has been said that Jackson's methods are basically CSP up to the point
that they get converted (by hand!) to C/C++. Are there any examples here?

	  Barry.
--
| Barry M Cook, BSc, PhD, CEng, MBCS                                         |