"No aliasing = no garbage collection"

After CPA 2000 I have some questions:

   Tom Locke (PhD student au UKC) said something like "if we
   remove aliasing, we also remove garbage collection, because
   we will not have non-parental objects floating around."

   A somewhat weaker predicate might be "if we have aliasing
   under control, GC may also be under controll, in a predictive
   way." Is this true? Objects would still be taken from the
   heap, the heap would still be fragmented and a need to
   defragment it would arise? Or could objects be taken from
   the stack (possible in RT-Java) in that case?

   (The background is that even if occam does not allow any
   form of aliasing, a "new" occaom+OO would allow some, like
   for containment, doubly linked lists etc.)

--
Oyvind

@ Oyvind Teig (oyvind.teig@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oyvind.teig@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
@   Navia Maritime AS, division Autronica, 7005 Trondheim Norway