Re: You must read this (20 May 99)

Dear All,

> If ever they wrote an occam program, it was over 14 years ago and
> they gave up on it " ... cos the compiler kept rejecting my code".

Maybe the education is/was in the wrong place.  Those error messages were
pretty cryptic - until you understood them.  Perhaps compilers should have a
(default) mode where they give verbose, precise and detailed explanations of
why things like "usage check error" matter. (This worked well with a popular
FORTRAN compiler many years ago.)

	 Barry.

--

| Barry M Cook, BSc, PhD, CEng, MBCS         Department of Computer Science, |