Re: Lamport and toy languages

Adrian,

>So let's not set up Lamport as an Aunt Sally. But as Larry says, at
>least it has sparked some discussion.

First of all, thank you for your analysis of TLA  and Lamports papers; it
has proved interesting reading.

While it is very good that this discussion has taken place, and that we
have thought about these things, it would be even better if someone would
write these up into a paper which can be published, preferably in CACM (as
that is where Lamports was). Lamport and others then get the chance to
defend their position or be persuaded we do really have a good idea here.

Any takers?

Best wishes,

Ruth

--

Ivimey-Cook, Ruth Ann   	    |               ruthc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just living my life as best I can.|                          Cambridge, UK