[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Java & Win95
- To: occam-com@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Java & Win95
- From: Øyvind Teig <Oyvind.Teig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 22 May 1996 13:32:20 Z
- Alternate-recipient: Allowed
- Conversion: Allowed
- Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
- Original-encoded-information-types: IA5-Text
- Original-x400-recipients: non-disclosure;
- Pp-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding X400-Recipients line
- Priority: normal
- X400-content-type: P2-1984 ( 2 )
- X400-mts-identifier: [/c=NO/admd=TELEMAX/prmd=autronica/; 496 96/05/22 15:32]
- X400-originator: Oyvind.Teig@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- X400-received: by /c=no/admd=telemax/prmd=internet/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 22 May 1996 15:37:35 +0200
- X400-received: by /c=NO/admd=TELEMAX/; Relayed; 22 May 1996 13:34:09 Z
- X400-received: by /c=NO/admd=TELEMAX/prmd=autronica/; Relayed; 22 May 1996 13:32:20 Z
- X400-received: by mta MHINTERNET in /c=no/admd=telemax/prmd=internet/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 22 May 1996 15:37:35 +0200
I have reached "the wall" - and it seems like the java.sun.com server
is only able to give me the homepage - at *any* times - so I don't
have the faq (http://java.sun.com/JDK-1.0/faq.html) nor the known
bugs file (http://java.sun.com/JDK-1.0/KnownBugs-JDK.html)
If anybody has a copy, I'd be very happy if a could receive the faq
and/or the known bugs.
"The wall" is that my java.exe doesn't run the java programs properly.
After a while I discoveded that the non-public classes in ComsTime.java
generate one class file each - and I thought this was the problem -
when I recompiled other things like ComsTimeFullPAR.java etc, with
some new and some old classes. The "warm-up loop" in Peter's program was nice,
except that sometimes it writes out 1,2,3.....to 16, another time
it starts at 16 (!!???) and prints out increasing numbers.
It seems like (after a Ctrl C to kill, or after standard exit?), the
class loader doesn't reload the class files??
Am I the only one with WIN95? I have a proper version 1.0 installed
from the CD that came with "Java by example" from The SunSoft Press.
This is frustrating, cause all my time goes to wrong things!
Cheers, | 0yvind Teig, Autronica, Trondheim, Norway |
Oyvind | Oyvind.Teig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Presently obsolete address: teig@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
| 47 73 58 12 68 (Tel) 47 73 91 93 20 (Fax) |