Re: Java -- learning from occam3

Peter,

Thanks for your illustration of BUFFER_OF_INT. It supports some
of my fears of (current) Java that communication performance
is several orders worse than occam - this is important because
of the effect it has on code granularity.

So the Java workshop needs to head either for a Java+occam
combination, or to the conclusion that Java isn't up to
serious concurrent computing. The former conclusion would
be predicated on Sun's active involvement for ultimate
success. If Sun isn't involved, I can't help thinking that
it would just be a load of navel gazing, even more so than
playing occam games. The latter conclusion would be sad, because
maybe occam needs a highly visible competitor to get it some
profile.

Roll on occam3, eh?

Regards,
Rick
--
              Richard Beton BSc MInstP CPhys
      Roke Manor Research, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN